It’s a Wrap for National School Lunch Week
This week is National School Lunch Week!
For NSLW 2017, we are featuring recipes from our 2017 Meals Plus Customer Cookbook. This cookbook will feature 40+ delicious school meal recipes submitted by Meals Plus Customers, and school lunch recipes using USDA Foods. The cookbook will be available to download for everyone this Fall.
Today’s featured recipe is an Italian Wrap, submitted by Caldwell County Schools (NC).
6 lbs. + 10 oz. – Turkey breast, deli-style, regular & smoked, frozen
1 lb. + 10 oz. – Bologna, all meat stick
5 lbs. + 5 oz. – Ham, Turkey, commodity
4 each slice – Pepperoni, pork, beef
3 lbs. + 2 oz. – Cheese, American, sliced, yellow, commodity
100 each – Tortilla wrap 10”-2.0, whole grain
CCP: Wash hands (use proper techniques) and towel dry. (Repeat every 20 minutes.)
CCP: Clean and sanitize food preparation surfaces and utensils.
CCP: In Advance: Thaw Deli Turkey & Turkey Ham in cooler at 40°F or cooler in pans with holes to allow for water drainage.
- SHAVE turkey, ham, & bologna.
- Assemble wrap – – place 1/2 oz. cheese, meats (0.8 oz. Deli Turkey, 1/2 oz. bologna, 3/4 oz. Turkey Ham, & 0.32 oz. pepperoni) on the wrap.
- Roll wrap around ingredients.
- Roll again in the sandwich wrap paper.
- Cut in half diagonally – – do not cut all the way through. Open sandwich to display contents. CCP: Hold at 40°F or below for cold service.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories – 303
Chol (mg) – 48
Sodium (mg) – 949
Fiber (gm) – 3.00
Iron (mg) – 1.88
Calc (mg) – 157.71
Vit A (IU) – 156.0
Vit C (mg) – 4.8
Protein (gm) – 18.31
Carb (gm) – 30.06
Tot Fat (gm) – 11.73
Sat Fat (gm) – 4.87
Sugars (gm) – 3.1
Trans Fat (gm) – 0.000*